You will need:
- A bachelor’s degree – get a degree in science (chemistry, biology, physics, etc.), but also take courses in math, statistics, and writing skills.
- An advanced degree – some jobs, such as psychiatrist, anthropologist, or pathologist require advanced degrees and specialized training.
- Good speaking skills – take public speaking; join the drama club, toastmasters, or the debate team.
- Good note-taking and observation skills – take laboratory courses.
- The ability to write an understandable scientific report
- The ability to be unbiased
- Intellectual curiosity
- Personal integrity
Go back to Choosing a Career Overview