Attendee Registration Refund Insurance Program
Inability to Attend Insurance is now included with your attendee registration for the AAFS 2022 Scientific Conference in Seattle!
You will receive a 100% refund of your registration fees if you are unable to the AAFS 2022 Scientific Annual Conference due to a reason covered under the policy.
We are dedicated to providing another memorable conference for our attendees and for this coverage to apply, we cannot cancel AAFS 2022.
How to Submit a Claim
Claims must be submitted within 30 days of the conclusion of the event. You will be required to provide information and supporting documents.
What is covered:
- Death, injury, or illness of the attendee or a member of their immediate family who is under the age of 70, or of any person(s) in the group due to attend the event with the attendee.*
- Adverse weather, including snow, frost, fog, or storm, resulting in the police service or other local government agency issuing a warning not to travel.
- Mechanical breakdown, accident, fire, or theft of a private vehicle taking the attendee to this event.
- Jury Duty that the attendee was unaware of at the time of registration.
- The attendee being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness that they were unaware of at the time of registration.
- Burglary or fire at the residence of the attendee in the forty-eight (48) hours immediately before this event that required attendance of emergency services.
- The attendee being a member of the armed forces and being posted overseas unexpectedly.
- Unexpected disruption of the public transport networks the attendee could not have reasonably known about before the date or time of this event.
- The attendee being relocated for work more than one hundred (100) miles from work location that they were unaware of at the time of booking, or the attendee was unexpectedly terminated from their job.
*Does not apply to Covid-related illness.
Please send an email to [email protected] and let them know you will be submitting a claim for the AAFS 74th Annual Scientific Conference in Seattle. Someone from Rain Protection will contact you back within 48 business hours to assist you with your claim.
WHEN DOES THE INSURANCE COVERAGE START?
The moment you pay your registration fee.
WHAT IF I ATTEND ONE DAY, BUT CAN’T ATTEND THE NEXT?
Unfortunately, registration fees cannot be prorated. If you attend one day of registration you cannot be refunded for any other missed functions.
WHEN DOES THE INSURANCE COVERAGE END?
On the first day of conference opening.
WHEN CAN I FILE A CLAIM?
As soon as you know that you’re unable to attend the 2022 AAFS Scientific Conference! Whether you enter a claim 6 months before or 30 days after the event, the policy will provide a 100% refund should you be unable to attend due to a covered reason.
WAIT … I CAN FILE A CLAIM AFTER THE EVENT IF I MISSED IT?
Absolutely! If any of the aforementioned instances occur and you have to miss the event, you can file a claim up to 30 days AFTER the event to get your full refund!
WHO IS COVERING THIS INSURANCE?
This coverage is underwritten by Lloyds of London. It is powered by Rainprotection Insurance.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO SIGN UP FOR THIS INSURANCE?
Nothing! It is automatically included with your registration to attend the 2022 AAFS Scientific Conference!
WHAT IF I HAVE MORE CLAIMS QUESTIONS?
Rainprotection Insurance handles everything. Their claims department provides an online claims website that will manage all claims and issue refunds.
I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS—WHO ON THE AAFS STAFF CAN HELP ME?
For more information, please contact: Trisha DeLozier ([email protected]).