AFFILIATE MEETING SPACE NEEDS
It is time to start planning the details of the events held during the AAFS 74th Annual Scientific Conference, February 21-25, 2022, to be held in Seattle, WA.
Please read all of the information below:
Your group’s events will be held at the Sheraton Grand Seattle, 1400 Sixth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101. To confirm your group will be needing meeting space, please sign and return the event confirmation form to [email protected]. The room location will be sent back to you with a room confirmation. If your group will not require food & beverage (F&B) and/or audio visual (AV) equipment (i.e., just need a room to meet), please sign and return the event confirmation form to [email protected] with a note indicating that no F&B and AV will be required.
Below you will find the email to get new F&B menus for the Sheraton Grand and one for your AV needs. You will place all orders for F&B, AV, internet, and phone (if applicable) directly with the Sheraton. They will be responsible for processing and invoicing all of your orders for the 2022 event.
- Sheraton Menu and Audio Visual:
The Sheraton Grand is currently working on new menus. You can reach out to Amelia Dierks for any questions.
- To place your Food & Beverage order – please contact Amelia Dierks at [email protected]
- To place your AV/internet order – please contact Maxwell Goodrich, Director of Sales for Encore Global, at [email protected]
- Because you will be placing your F&B orders as well as AV orders directly with the hotel, you need to email me a copy of the signed order that you send the hotel at [email protected] and AAFS staff will check your event to make sure you have all that you ordered.
Please fill out this FORM and submit it to [email protected] and the Sheraton Hotel for your Food & Beverage and AV needs.
Washington State will only exempt sales tax for non-profit events reselling for a fundraiser.
When choosing your items and for budgeting purposes, the following information is provided by the hotel on taxes and service fees:
At the Sheraton Grand Hotel all AV and F&B orders are subject to a 25% taxable Gratuity & Service Charge and 10.25% sales tax that are subject to change without notice.
- Orders are due 28 days prior to the event and payment and the signed order are due 14 days prior to the event. You will not be able to decrease your guaranteed F&B orders after the 72-hour deadline.
- Your group will also be responsible for all labor charges for set up and breakdown on AV equipment and will be billed for your event separately from any AAFS event.
- You are not allowed to request additional space, dates, or times without requesting this directly from AAFS.
Deadlines to submit Food & Beverage Preliminary Orders as well as to receive the contracted discounts on Audio Visual equipment is Friday, January 28, 2022. Please also remember that the AAFS administrative fee for the meeting space will be due upon signing of this contract. Thank you and please do not hesitate to email [email protected] should you have questions regarding this process.